This year, Americans are likely to take more than 290 million casino gambling trips. Because the number of women who gamble is increasing and because women prefer playing slot machines, many casinos are now increasing the number of slot machines on the floor and competing with one another for the title of “Loosest Slots in Town.”
Where are the best slot machines? Here’s an overview of the most desirable destinations for gambling weekends:
• Who wouldn’t start with Las Vegas, Nevada? A river of money flows through the Las Vegas Strip, and visitors there have no doubt that they can dip out a fortune. Many Las Vegas casinos are investing in the newest slot technology, and you won’t find more slot machines per square mile anywhere else. Insiders recommend The Palms for a return rate of 93.42%.
• Nassau, Bahamas is just a short flight from Florida but it offers gamblers instant relaxation. Play the slots overlooking the lagoon or take a break for a meal in one of thirty restaurants and clubs in the casino.
• You might not consider Puerto Rico as a gambling destination, but you’ll find a lot of action in Old San Juan and other cities. Try the Wyndham, with 400 slot machines or the Radisson with 280. The Marriott has 371 as well as a health club, swimming pool, tennis courts, and beautiful restaurants.
• East Coast Atlantic City, New Jersey has all the excitement of Las Vegas. Check out the Trump Plaza or the Taj Majal for old-fashioned excitement. The Taj Majal alone has 5,000 slot machines!
• For a change of pace, try riverboat gambling! Step aboard “The Glory of Rome” riverboat casino in Elizabeth, Indiana. Admission is free and slot machines number around 2,400. Board “The Grand Victoria” in Elgin, Illinois and enjoy its 1,000 slot and video games, or try the “Belle of Orleans” on the river in New Orleans. Riverboat casino gambling can be found all over the United States.
• For folks who prefer ocean-going casinos, try a gambling cruise. Crystal Cruises offers “Caesar’s at Sea,” with offers luxury accommodations and 100 slot machines, as well as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and craps. Bon voyage!